Eco Cast is an audition media management tool that can be used to request self-tapes, record and upload live auditions, and share them online for your clients to view. To learn more about the recording process, you will need to download the Eco Cast Desktop Software.
To get started, you will need to create an Eco Cast:
How To Create an Eco Cast
1) Log in to your account and go to the “Eco Cast” drop-down menu at the top of the page and click “Start New.”
2) In the "Create Title" field, type in the name of the Eco Cast. Generally, this is the name of the project or a role name. Select the "Project" or "Breakdown" of this Eco Cast in the dropdown menu.
3) There are multiple ways to add Actors to an Eco Cast. Choose the one that works best for you. We suggest starting with “By Role”.
- "By Role" (Recommended) - To add Actors by role, make sure you have selected your chosen Breakdown. A list of roles will appear. Select the role(s) you want to audition by checking the box next to the role name. Add the Actors by checking the number(s) next to the role name. These numbers correspond to the selections you made on your Submissions page. For more on marking your submissions with select numbers, click here.
For example, for your first round of self-tapes, you can select only the Actors you assigned a Number 1 for your lead role. Or, if you prefer, you can select all roles and all numbers.
- "By Schedule" - This option is generally used by Casting Directors to record live auditions. Once recorded, you can upload and share them with clients. To add Actors from a schedule, you will need to have a Breakdown selected. Now select the schedule from the list that appears. You may choose one or more schedules. Be sure to click "Use confirmed actors only" so the system only populates the Eco Cast with Actors who have confirmed their time slots, otherwise, ALL Actors in your chosen sessions will be added. For more information on creating schedules, click here.
- "Open Call" - This option allows Actors to submit self-tapes without needing to be invited. This is done before a Breakdown is published, so you do not have to choose a Breakdown for this option. More details on setting up Open Calls can be found in this article.
- "Manually" - This is for advanced users. To add Actors manually, click "Continue." You can add Actors and upload videos and other media in the next window.
- "Clipboard" - This option allows you to add any Actors that were copied previously to the clipboard. For more information on adding Actors to your clipboard, click here.
4) Click on "Continue."
Navigating Your Eco Cast
1) Your Eco Cast is where all audition media for your added Actors will be stored.
The tabs at the top of your Eco Cast allow you to review your Actors' media, change the order of Actors within the Eco Cast, and view what Presentations are connected to this Eco Cast.
You can use the Filters to search within the added Actors.
2) To select Actors, you can use the number system by checking off the number assigned to the Actors you would like to select. Again, these are the numbers that were assigned to Actors on the Submissions page. Or, you can use the "Select all actors" button to select all the Actors that have been added to the Eco Cast. If you would like to select individual Actors click on the checkmark next to their names. You will know an Actor has been selected when their checkmark turns red.
3) Once you have selected your Actors, you can choose from the "With Selected" options.
- "Create Invitation" - This will start the process to invite the selected Actors to submit self-tapes. For more information on this process, click here.
- "Delete" - This will remove the selected Actors from this Eco Cast.
- "Copy to clipboard" - This will copy selected Actors to your clipboard so you can easily move them between Eco Casts or Schedules. For more information on how the clipboard works, click here.
- "Send CMail" - You can send your selected Actors a message using our secure internal messaging system. CMail can be used to send Actors updates, confirm schedules, or offer them a role. Just make sure not to use CMail for requesting self-tapes or scheduling auditions, as you can perform these tasks more easily with Eco Cast.
Please note that it is against our Terms of Service to give or request personal contact information over CMail until the Actor has been formally offered the role and has accepted.
- "Create Presentation" - This will add your selected Actors to a custom Presentation you can then share with your Collaborators. For more on Presentations, click here.
- "Change Role" - You can use this to move selected Actors to a different role.
- "Clear Selected" - This will deselect all of your currently selected Actors.
4) Clicking on the Actor's name on the left column will bring up their detailed view on the right column. From here you can see information about the Actor's representation, the role they submitted for, as well as any Groups of Presentations you have added them to.
This is also where you will be able to review media the Actor has submitted (or have been uploaded from Eco Cast Live or In-Person auditions), or you can click "Add Media" to manually add files. For more on reviewing Actor's submitted audition materials, click here.
Clicking on "Edit Actor" will bring up a menu where you can manage the information in their detailed view.
5) Once you have clicked on "Edit Actor" you have the option to do the following:
- "Change Photo" - Here you can change the Actor's submitted photo to a different photo that has been uploaded to their profile, or upload a new photo yourself. This photo will now become the display photo for the Actor.
- "Performance Media" - Here you can review any Performance Media the Actor has uploaded to their Actors Access profile. You can then choose to add selected media files to their Media for this Eco Cast.
- "Casting Notes" - These are internal notes you can leave on the Actor's detailed view within an Eco Cast. They will display under the Actor's photo. Casting Notes are only visible to those with access to the Eco Cast from a Casting account.
- "Change Role" - This will allow you to change the role the Actor is listed under for this Eco Cast.
- "Change Group" - This will allow you to either create a New Group or add the Actor to an Existing Group you have created. Groups are for organizational purposes and do not display elsewhere.