Finished setting up your audition schedule? Now it's it time to create the sides.
Please note, if you already have your sides prepared and just need to make them available for your actors, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with your project title and role names and we will make them available for actors and/or talent reps to download.
How to Create Sides For Your Auditions
1) Click on “Create Sides.” This will bring up your sides management screen.
2) You can select a breakdown on the left hand side, then the script you upload and the sides you create will be associated with that Breakdown.
3) Now, click on “Upload New Script”. Click on “Select PDF” to choose your script from your computer. Provide a title for the script, and click “Upload”. Your script must be a not flattened pdf generated by script writing software for the sides generator to work.
4) Once your script is uploaded, click on “Create New Sides.” At this point you’ll be able attach a non-disclosure agreement and/or any miscellaneous piece of information you want to give the actor, like a photo reference or a map to the audition. Then, click “next."
5) Now the most important step, creating the sides. Our software compiles a list of the roles from the script. Click on the role you want to create sides for and then click on the scenes you wish to use to make the sides, and click “next."
6) The next page shows you the script pages so you can manually mark them up as you like. Click on “Add Mark-up” To put in a START and END indicator, or use cross-out or redact to hide unwanted information on the script. Or, use “Drawing mode” to draw freehand on your sides. You can also add the name of the project, role name and page numbers. Click “Reset Page” to start over.
7) When you’re done, click on “Download Sides” to download your marked-up sides and email them to email@example.com with your project title and role names and we will make them available for actors and/or talent reps to download.