Eco Cast Live is an all-in-one remote recording and uploading feature available on our website. Using Eco Cast Live, you can setup a schedule, record your auditions, and upload your session instantly to Eco Cast. All you will need is a computer with a built-in webcam and microphone.
If you do not see the option to use Eco Cast Live on your account page, please contact us and we will set that up for you.
1) Before you can record an Eco Cast Live session, you must first create a schedule. Login to your Breakdown Express account and click on the title of your Breakdown.
2) Once you have "selected" your actors, go to "Schedules" at the top of the page, and then click "Create Eco Cast Live Audition."
Note: If you have already done your first round of auditions and marked the actors as "Callback" in your schedule, you can create an Eco Cast Live Callback which will be the same process as creating a regular Eco Cast Live Audition. For more on creating a callback, click here.
3) On the "Create Eco Cast Live Audition" page, fill out the date, start, and end times.
Choose how you want to schedule your actors, then click "Create Schedule."
Note: Instead of using "Rooms," you now have "Eco Cast Live" rooms.
4) Now click "Review Schedule."
5) Once you are finished making your adjustments and are ready to send out your schedule, click "Create Notification." To learn more about editing a schedule, click here.
6) Fill out the audition information and instructions, then "Send Message." Your audition address will already be pre-filled and will include a link to the audition that cannot be edited.
7) Once you have sent out your Notification, you can add Collaborators that you would like to have join you in your audition session. Input their Collaborator Email and an Optional Title to display by their name, then hit "Send Invitation" to send them a link they can use to access the session when it's time.
Note: If you do not see the Collaborators feature on your account, please contact us to have it activated on your account.
If you have employees at your Casting Company that also need to join, they can be added as an additional user on your account. These will not go towards your Collaborator limit when running a session. Please contact us to set those up!
Running an Eco Cast Live Session
1) Now that your actors have confirmed and you are ready to start running your session, click the blue "Eco Cast Live Session" button on the schedule page.
Note: In order for an Actor to be in the audition, they must confirm.
2) You will be brought to the Eco Cast Live page. Your browser will prompt you to enable and turn on your camera and microphone, and you will want to click "Allow".
3) You will now see yourself appear on the right side of the page and you can click "Start Session" to begin.
Note: You can't begin an Eco Cast Live session until it's 30 minutes or less before the audition time starts.
4) If you are running the session with Collaborators, you will all appear on the screen. You can now select whether you will be the Reader, or if you would like someone else to be the Reader.
Note: The first Casting Team member to start the session will be the Session Runner and the Reader by default. You can re-assign the role of Session Runner to any other member of the Casting Team, and the role of Reader to anyone on the Casting Team or a Collaborator.
5) On the left side of the page, you will see four statuses for the Actors: "In the Room," "On Deck," "Waiting Room," and "Not Checked In."
- "In the Room": The Actor currently auditioning with you.
- "On Deck": The Actor that is next up.
- "Waiting Room": These are the Actor(s) remaining in the waiting room.
- "Not Checked In": The Actor(s) that have not yet entered the session.
For your reference, this is what the Actor will see when they're in the Waiting Room:
6a) When an Actor has marked themselves as "Ready," you will be able to bring them into the room by clicking the "Bring Into Room" button.
6b) Alternatively, if you want to alert an Actor that they are next, click "Move On Deck" to add them onto the "On Deck" section. This will notify the Actor that they are On Deck, and you can bring them in when ready.
7) To begin recording an Actor, click the white circle button.
8a) The button will turn red, and a red border will frame the Actor’s video feed to indicate that you are actively recording a take. Your audio will be included in the recording so you can be the reader, but your video will not be recorded. To stop recording, click the red circle button. You can record as many takes as you'd like.
For reference, the Actor will see a reverse view when the audition is live and being recorded, with you as the center video and themselves in a small thumbnail in the top right.
8b) When you are running a session using Collaborators, only you - the Session Runner - can initiate the Recording. When you do, the actor will see only themselves and the designated Reader. Others can still be heard if they would like to give input, but only the actor and the Reader will be recorded on the take.
As shown here, from the actor's view, there is no one on the screen but the Reader during the recording. The actor will be looking at the Reader during takes, and they will see all Collaborators in a grid between takes.
9) You can delete takes by clicking the "trash" icon next to a take.
10a) If you aren't done with auditioning an Actor and want to bring them in later, you can move them back to the waiting room by clicking the "Send Back to Waiting Room" button.
You will be asked if you want to confirm and click "Yes, Send Back" to continue. This will end the current audition and upload the takes to Eco Cast. But, the actor will not be released, so you can bring them back in from the Waiting Room later.
10b) Otherwise, if you're done with an Actor, click "Done with Actor." To confirm, click "Yes, Dismiss Actor."
This will end the current audition and upload the takes to Eco Cast. You can choose to bring another Actor in from "On Deck," or from the "Waiting Room." Repeat the process again until you finish your auditions.
11) After you've finished recording everyone, click "End Session" to end the session for everyone.
You will get a prompt that will ask you to confirm that you want to end the session. Click "Yes, End Session."
Note: Once you choose to end the Eco Cast Live session, you will not be able to restart or rejoin it. Choosing to "End Session" will end this session for you and anyone else in it.
12) You can now go directly to Eco Cast by clicking "Manage Eco Cast on Breakdown Express," which is available to you right after you end a session. It may take a minute or two for the last few recorded videos to finish processing before they will appear on the Eco Cast.
Now you will be able to review and share your videos and auditions in Eco Cast.
If you would like to share the media from the audition session with your Collaborators or anyone else, you can do so using Presentations. To learn more about creating and sharing Presentations, click here.