You can self-submit to projects by clicking on the "breakdowns" tab. Afterwards Casting will review your submission and if interested, they will send you an audition invitation which you will be notified of through CMail.
How to Review Breakdowns and Submit to Casting
1) At the top of each page, click the "breakdowns" dropdown menu, then click on your local region.
2) From here you can view the most recent Breakdowns posted for your region.
Filtering options will allow you to view only Breakdowns that fit your profile. For example: choosing “Breakdowns Fit For Me” will show you only projects with roles matching the following characteristics:
- Gender (to play)
- Age Range (to play)
You may also filter your Breakdowns by Union status. To filter, please select an option from the drop down menu underneath the "Filters" section.
Please Note: For more information on how to filter "Breakdowns Fit For Me," please reference this article: ACTORS: How Can I Update My Role Matching Criteria?
Once you are finished filtering, make sure to click the "Search" button to apply your Breakdown filters. Once you find a Breakdown of interest, click the project title.
3) The Breakdown details page will provide all available project and role information. If you have used the “Breakdowns Fit For Me” filter, the roles that match your profile will be highlighted in yellow.
To Submit, click on the role name.
4) A window will pop up providing up to 4 steps:
Step 1 - Select the photo that you would like submitted as the default for the chosen role. (Note: Casting will have access to all photos included in your Actors Access photo tab).
Step 2 - Select any media you would like to submit to the Casting Director.
Step 3 - Select whether or not to include your Size Card.
Step 4 - Leave a note for Casting. (Note: This option is only available when Casting chooses to allow notes).
Note: Your general Actor profile and resume will be automatically included with every submission!
Then select the “Add to Cart” button.
5a) The project you are submitting for will be stored in your "Cart." This is what the checkout process will look like if you are not an Actors Access Plus member. You will then select the button “Proceed to Checkout" and fill out your credit card information to complete the process.
5b) If you are an Actors Access Plus member, the “Submit” button will appear and there will be a $0 charge. You will first need to click the check-box for site security, "I'm not a robot." You may need to complete a reCaptcha puzzle. For further help with reCaptcha, please review this help page. Then the "Submit" button will be clickable and appear in red. Once you have clicked “Submit” you are all finished!
Please Note: Plus members pay $68 USD a year or $9.99 USD a month to receive side downloads for up to 24 projects per day and free role submissions. To check your Plus member status, select “My Tools” from the banner menu and then click on “My Account.”
6) You can always view what you have submitted to in the "Submissions" tab at the top of your page.
Please Note: Once you view a "Submission," the project title's font will change from red to black.
Other Submission Information to Know
Ways to Search: You can also search for a project by its title, Casting Director name, or keywords. It's important to review every potential match by reading the Breakdown project information and role description in order to determine if there is something desirable.
Submitting On Time Matters!
Tips for Submitting:
- Make sure that you include your reel and all other desirable information before submitting.
- Once you submit, you will be unable to make any adjustments.
- We are also unable to retract any submissions once they have been sent to Casting.
- Be sure to send your profile transmissions to Casting the same day that a Breakdown is posted! Casting Directors will get hundreds, possibly thousands, of submissions on each role they publish. Generally, they will only select roughly 10-15 Actors to audition per role. They can typically find the Talent they need within the first day of reviewing submitted Actor profiles.
- To give yourself the best possible chance of being selected to audition, it's critical to submit ASAP. Submitting even one day after the Breakdown publication can severely limit your chances.
- Options for Submitting to Casting Directors
- What Do Casting Directors See?
- How to Respond to an Audition Schedule Request
- How to Respond to an Eco Cast Invite
- How to Access Sides