Here is a helpful video tutorial that will show how to respond to an Eco Cast invite:
Eco Cast is a system that allows Casting Directors to manage their recorded auditions, and even invite Actors to self-tape auditions that they upload themselves.
How to Respond to an Eco Cast Invite
If you are selected to record a self-tape audition, Casting will send an Eco Cast invite notification through the cMail messaging system.
It will include instructions and a way to transmit the requested audition files.
1) Open your Eco Cast invite. The body of the invite will have information about the project, the role and instructions on what needs to be recorded.
There may be files here for you to download which include more detailed instructions and a script.
2) Record your audition. Follow the directions to record your audition.
Save the files directly on the computer/device you use to log into the Actors Access web site.
3) Upload your files. Once you have your audition files ready, return to the Eco Cast invite. At the top and bottom of the page is a button to “Upload Media.” Click this button to begin uploading your audition files.
4) Click the “Browse” button to select the first audition file. After the first file has started uploading you can click the “Browse” button again to select another file. Repeat until all necessary files are uploaded.
Eco Cast accepts many video, audio, image and document file formats so that you can upload whatever material Casting has requested for your audition.
Please note, each file must be less than 500MB.
5) Review your uploaded files. After you have uploaded all required files click “Back to Invitation.” Here you can rename your files, change the order if necessary and type in submission notes (if the option is available) before hitting "Submit Audition."
Once the audition files have been forwarded it will not be possible for the Actor to edit submission notes or add/remove audition files.
After you submit your files the invitation should appear similar to this:
If the Eco Cast was forwarded to you by your Talent Rep they may choose to review your files before forwarding them on to Casting. If so, you will see the status of your files in the grey banner above your audition files. Once the files have been sent to Casting this message will automatically update to reflect that.
6) Deadline. When uploading an Eco Cast always make sure to do so well-before the deadline (i.e. the date/time displayed on the AUDITION DEADLINE field of the invite).
This time/date is automatically displayed in your local time based upon your computer/device’s time zone settings.
A deadline of 12:00am is the first moment of the date listed, not the last.
That is, if the deadline is 12:00am Aug 2 the files need to be uploaded and submitted before 11:59pm Aug 1 has passed.
You can view current and past Eco Cast self-tapes by going to the Auditions tab > Eco Cast on your Actors Access profile.