Eco Cast Live is a secure, free remote audition system brought to you by Breakdown Services and Actors Access.
Eco Cast Live For Actors
We designed Eco Cast Live to allow Actors to audition anywhere, safely with the click of a button. There is a private Waiting Room for Actors, as well as an On Deck status to alert Actors that they are next. In order to maintain security, only Actors with an Actors Access profile can join an Eco Cast Live audition.
How to Join an Eco Cast Live Audition
1) The Eco Cast Live Invitation
You will receive a cMail notification letting you know that you have a new Eco Cast Live audition.
Additionally, the "Eco Cast Live" button will turn navy blue whenever you have a pending Eco Cast Live audition.
2) Clicking on the "Eco Cast Live" button will take you into your pending Eco Cast Live audition schedules.
3) Click on the Schedule link and you'll be taken into the Eco Cast Live audition invite.
Here you will have 3 options:
- "Confirm" - If you plan to attend the Eco Cast Live audition, it is important to select this option ASAP. If you do not confirm, you will not be able to enter the Eco Cast Live audition.
- "Reschedule" - To request a different time or date.
- "Unavailable" - If you select this option, you will be able to provide a reason.
4) Once Confirmed you will have the option to click the "Join Eco Cast Live" button and enter the virtual Audition room.
The session will not begin, however, until the Casting Director initiates the session on their end. It is recommended that you join the session at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time slot.
We recommend testing your Audio & Video equipment prior to your audition.
- Record test videos on your device to check your audio and video.
- Try different areas in the room to find the best lighting with you in the frame.
- If you use a backdrop, make sure it does not cause color issues. If so, consider using a white wall instead.
- Earphones and mics are not necessary to use Eco Cast Live.
- Make sure you can be seen and heard clearly.
Note: You can return to your schedule page to access the "Join Eco Cast Live" button, or you can use the "Copy Link" option and paste a direct link to the Eco Cast Live audition session into your preferred calendar application.
Before you begin:
- Check for updates to your device’s system and browser software. Restart your device.
- Use a device with these minimum system requirements:
- Mobile: iOS Safari (2017), Android 4.2.2 (2013)
- Browsers for Computers: Google Chrome 28+, Firefox 22+, Safari 11+, Opera 18+, Microsoft Edge 12+
- Plug-in your device to a power source or ensure your battery is fully charged.
- Use landscape orientation on a phone or tablet.
- Close all apps and browser tabs. This will allow your device to fully prioritize its resources to your Eco Cast Live session.
5) Once you click "Join Eco Cast Live" you will be asked to share your device camera and microphone. We recommend using the built-in internal microphone and camera on your device. Then you will have the option to "Enter Waiting Room."
6) In the Waiting Room, you will be able to review your video and audio feed to ensure that you are happy with the display.
When you're ready to audition, toggle yourself to "Yes" to indicate to the Casting Director that you are ready to audition.
7) In the Waiting Room or in the audition room, Casting may send you a message through the Chat Feature. If Casting sends you a message, the Chat icon will appear in blue to indicate that you have a new unread message.
Note: You will only see messages that Casting has directed to you.
You will also have the ability to respond to a Chat message, if the Casting Director has enabled replies.
8) Once you have marked yourself as "Ready," the Casting Director will have the option to bring you into the virtual room where they will conduct your live audition. During the audition process, Casting may decide to send you back to the Waiting Room for further takes or they may choose to end your session.
- Mobile - Enable do-not-disturb mode.
- Do not change audio input/output.
- Mobile - iOS 13 Safari (2019), Android 4.2.2 (2013)
- Computer - Microsoft Edge 12+, Google Chrome 28+, Firefox 22+, Safari 11+, Opera 18+
- Allow Camera and Mic Access.
- Mobile - Use landscape orientation