There are a number of security options available when distributing your sides via Sides Express and Showfax. CLICK HERE for the basics on making your sides available to Actors and Talent Representatives.
Standard Security Features on All Sides
- All files (except audio) are converted into PDF format and flattened so that text within the document cannot be edited or copied
- All downloads from Sides Express and Showfax can be traced to the user or email address that was used
- Project information on Sides Express and Showfax will not be found on external search engines such as Google
Additional Security Features
We offer 3 different additional security features to safeguard your sides:
- Sides Code
- Restricted access to Agents/Managers only
These are added to your project upon request so make sure to include any additional security requests in the subject or body of your email when sending sides.
Don’t worry if you have already sent sides, just send another email with your security requests included and we will add them to the project.
1) Sides Code
A way to protect your sides from prying eyes
- If you request a sides code, we will assign a randomized code to the project and send it back to you once the project is posted
- Only the Agents or Actors that you send the code to will be able to view the sides
- Your sides will not display anywhere on the websites until this sides code is entered into the "Sides Code" search box
If you would like individual codes for each role or group of roles, please let us know; you can have as many or as few separate codes as you require.
If you require this feature write PLEASE CODE in the subject line or body of your email. If you would also like watermarking (see below) also include PLEASE WATERMARK. These are two separate features; request both options if you would like both for the project.
It helps to make these requests bold or highlighted so that they are distinctly noticeable within your message.
You can include the sides code in a cMail message to Actors and Agents. Or you can distribute the sides code however you choose. Your code will not be distributed anywhere else or given to any user by the Sides, Breakdowns, or Actors Access team unless you instruct us otherwise.
A way to trace your sides to those who downloaded them.
If you request watermarking, Agents/Actors must enter a Performer's Name before opening the sides, creating a unique watermark on the pages so the sides may be traced to those who downloaded them.
- For Actors, this watermark will be automatically applied using the name on their Actors Access Plus account or the name entered when they input their payment information
- Talent Representatives will be prompted to enter a Performer’s Name before they can download the sides:
Here is an example of what a watermarked PDF will look like:
If you require this feature write PLEASE WATERMARK in the subject line or body of your email. If you would also like a sides code (see above) also include PLEASE CODE. These are two separate features; request both options if you would like both for the project.
It helps to make these requests bold or highlighted so that they are distinctly noticeable within your message:
3) Restricted Access To Talent Representatives On Breakdown Express Only
A way to limit access to your sides
If you would like to restrict access to your sides to only Agents and Managers so that Actors will not have access to them, please write SIDES EXPRESS ONLY or AGENTS ONLY in the subject or body of your email. Your sides will then only be available to Talent Representatives with Breakdown Express accounts.
If your project is made available outside of the United States or Canada, Agents in those other countries (UK, Australia, Europe, etc) will not have access to Sides Express.