If you would like to message an actor with a question, a request for his or her size card, or if you would like to officially offer an actor a role, you can send them a CMail message. CMail is an internal messaging system designed for users of Breakdown Express.
Please Note: Using CMail to advertise, request personal contact information from actors, request self tapes to an email address, or direct actors to third party services will result in your access to Breakdownexpress.com being terminated.
Sending a Basic Message
1) On your role's submissions page, select one of the blue icons under the photo of the actor to whom you would like to send a message.
2) In the actor's resume pop-up window, select the "Send CMail" button in the upper right corner.
1a) You can also select an actor you would like to message by selecting the checkbox below the actor's name. If you would like to send a group message, you may select multiple checkboxes.
2a) Next, go to the left sidebar and select the "Message" button located in the "Checked" drop-down section.
3) Select the "Basic Message" template.
4) In the Subject line, enter the subject of your email and compose your message in the Message box. If you would like your recipients to have the ability to respond to your message, check the "Allow all recipients to reply" checkbox and then select "Send Message".
Note: Recipients do not see the names of the other recipients.
How to Send a Size Card Request
1) If you would like to request an actor's size card, follow Steps 1 & 2 from the previous section and then select "Size Card Request" on the template page.
2) Selecting the Size Card Request template will automatically fill in the subject line and message body. Include any additional notes you would like to add to the message body and then select "Send Message".
3) Once you've sent the size card request, you should receive a response from the recipient letting you know that they have attached his or her size card to their submission. To view the size card, select the actor's resume icon in the role's submissions page.
4) Next, select the "Size Card" tab. You'll be able to view the actor's sizes, measurements and any other additional details they have listed for you.
Viewing Unread cMail Messages
1) By clicking on theicon in the upper right-hand corner or the CMail menu in the header, you can access your messages from any page on the site. The red bubble tells you how many unread messages you have waiting
2) In your "My Messages" folder, all of your sent messages will be listed. The Replies column will showcase the number of replies you've received for that particular message. To view the replies, select your message.
3) Below your message, you'll find the reply from the recipient. Select the recipient's message to view the response.
4) Once you've viewed the response, you can reply to it by selecting the "Reply" button or delete it by selecting "Delete".
Managing Your CMail Folders
1) You can keep your CMail messages organized by utilizing the "Folders" section. Select the "+" to create a custom folder. All custom folders will appear in alphabetical order under the "Drafts" folder.
- My Messages: A folder that holds all of your sent messages.
- Trash: A folder that holds all of the messages that you've deleted. The messages will remain there for 7 days before being permanently deleted.
- Drafts: A folder that holds all of your saved draft messages that you have yet to complete and send.
- Moved checked to: This drop-down box allows you to move any messages you check to either the trash or one of your custom folders.