The Eco Cast Desktop app allows you to seamlessly record auditions, upload them directly into your Breakdown account, and share them with your team. Downloading the desktop app can be found right on our site. In order to download the app though, you need to make sure you have both the required Hardware and Software requirements.
Hardware / Software Requirements
- Mac running an OS of High Sierra or greater with a Thunderbolt port and/or a Firewire port
- Video camera capable of outputting live video through a Firewire or DV port
- Video camera capable of outputting live video through a HDMI, S-video, or RCA connection.
To use this type of camera you will also require either a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder, or Blackmagic UltraStudio Express device.
(Note that 1080p60 or 4K video outputs are not supported.)
Note: If you are using a newer Macbook with a USB-3.0 port, you will need to purchase a USB to Thunderbolt adapter in order to connect your Blackmagic box to the computer.
Downloading Eco Cast Desktop
1) To download the software, login to your Breakdown account and go to "Eco Casts" at the top of the page then "My Eco Casts".
2) On the right side of the page you will see a button called "Download Eco Cast Desktop". Click the button, fill out the form, and we will email you a link to directly download the software. The link will expire after 24 hours.
3) Copy the file to the Applications folder. It is recommended to drag it to the Dock for easy future access.