The Eco Cast Desktop app allows you to seamlessly record auditions, upload them directly into your Breakdown account, and share them with your team. Downloading the desktop app can be found right on our site. In order to download the app though, you need to make sure you have both the required Hardware and Software requirements.
Hardware / Software Requirements
- Mac running Catalina (10.15) with a USB-C, Thunderbolt and/or a Firewire port
Depending on the converter box you are using (see below) you may also need an adapter to connect to your computer
- Video camera capable of outputting live video
- A Blackmagic Design converter box and the Blackmagic drivers installed
To use this type of camera you will also require either a Blackmagic Recorder 3G, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder, Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt, or Blackmagic UltraStudio Express device.
If your computer uses an M1 Processor, you can only use the Blackmagic Recorder 3G
Note: If you are using a newer Macbook with a USB-3.0 port, you will need to purchase a USB to Thunderbolt adapter in order to connect your Blackmagic box to the computer.
Downloading Eco Cast Desktop
1) To download the software, login to your Breakdown account and go to "Eco Casts" at the top of the page then "My Eco Casts".
2) On the right side of the page you will see a button called "Download Eco Cast Desktop". Click the button, fill out the form, and we will email you a link to directly download the software. The link will expire after 24 hours.
3) Copy the file to the Applications folder. It is recommended to drag it to the Dock for easy future access.