Welcome to Breakdown Services, the #1 choice for casting! This quick start guide will show you how to view submissions, schedule auditions, request self tapes, and more! For additional information, click here for our Knowledge Base. Now that you have your username and password, make sure to keep it handy in case you need to call us with questions at (310)-276-9166.
If you haven't yet received your login information or would like more detailed information about posting your first Breakdown and getting started, click here.
Once your Breakdown has been posted, you will be able to view and “Select” the Actors in order to move to the next step -- Scheduling auditions or requesting self tapes..
1) From your Current Projects home page, click on the title of the project you want to view.
2) Click on the character listed to see who has submitted. The number under "Unviewed" is the total number of new Actors you have not viewed yet.
3) Now go through and select the Actors you would like to audition. Mark your selections by assigning them a number from 1-6. Once you click on a number, the Actor is moved to the “Selected” folder, ready to be scheduled into an audition.
3) As you can see, the Actors scheduled are in the Working Schedule on the left. The Actors on the right are in Available Talent. This means they can be scheduled if you'd like. Use the Move button to move the Actor into a different time slot if a time change is needed.
4) Once you're happy with the schedule, click on the Create Notification button to draft a note to send to everyone.
Please note: You are always able to go back and make changes to your schedule. For more detailed information on editing a schedule, click
1) Another method to audition Actors is to request self-tapes through Eco Cast. To begin, locate Eco Cast in the header and select Start New.
2) Create a new Eco Cast and use the By Role option to bring the selected Actors from the Breakdown into the Eco Cast. Select Continue to Details Page to move to the next step. For more detailed information about creating an Eco Cast, click here.
3) Check off individual Actors in the Eco Cast, or Select all Actors. Then click Invite to Eco Cast to enter the self-taping instructions and attach the sides. For more detailed information about inviting your Actors to an Eco Cast, click here.
Please note: You will not be notified when an Actor has submitted a self-tape to Eco Cast. You have to regularly check the website to see this information. For more information on how to view Eco Cast audition tapes, click here.
Contacting Actors Through cMail
1) cMail is the internal messaging system in Breakdown Express. This is your way of communicating with the Actor prior to casting them for the role. From your submission page, click on any of the blue icons to view the Actor's profile. The send cMail option will be on the top right corner.
Please note: There is no exchange of personal contact with the Actor before they have been cast for the role. This is a violation of our terms of service and will result in the disabling of your account. For more detailed information on how to message your Actors, click here.
3) When you receive a cMail message from the Actor you will also be able view and organize those messages however you choose. Replies to your message will arrive attached to the original in your My Messages folder. For more detailed information on receiving messages, click here.
- How to Clone and Save a Breakdown
- How to Move/Copy an Actor to Another Role
- How to Create a Callback
- How to Add Time Slots to a Schedule
- How to Change Account Preferences