In this article, you will learn how to respond to in-person audition notifications for your clients. When a Casting Director requests to audition an actor, you will receive a cMail regarding the appointment information.
Responding to The Schedule
1) Visit the "Auditions," tab at the top of the page, then click "Schedules" -> "Current."
(To view previous auditions, you can go to "Auditions," -> "Schedules," -> "Archived.")
In the "Current," portion of "Schedules," you will find any pending auditions that have not yet taken place.
Note: An alternative way of reaching the same page is to click the audition notice in your cMail inbox.
2) In the Audition Notice, you will be able to view the contents of the audition. This will include the address and parking information, sides availability, and any other instructions the Casting Director may have.
Note: Sides are not included within the Audition Notice. If a project has sides, you will need to login to SidesExpress using your account username and password (automatically included with your subscription) and find them there.
3) At the top of the page, click the "Preview and Forward Audition," button to send the audition cMail to your client for them to view. They will receive a notification of their audition in their Actors Access account, as well an email alerting them to the message. When you forward this, you can modify the audition instructions (or choose not to include them), add any notes, and modify any sort of details that were included within the breakdown. However, you cannot modify the role or the role description.
Note: The client will not be able to mark themselves as "confirmed," "unavailable," or request a reschedule. They do, however, have the option to reply to the cMail they receive and can inform you of their choice. As the representative, you will need to respond to casting.
4) At the bottom of the page, you have three options in order to respond to the Casting Director. Here they are below:
- Confirmed: You're confirming the client's appointment time. If allowed by the Casting Director, response notes are optional.
- Unavailable for Audition: This means the actor cannot make the audition or is passing on the project.You're required to leave a note as to why, or if you'd like to request a self-tape.
- Change Time: This means you're requesting a time change within the schedule for your client. You're required to leave a note in this field as well.
5) When you're done selecting your choice, click the "Finished," button at the bottom of the page to submit your request.
Note: Once you've made your choice, the Casting Director will be notified of your decision. You can undo a "Confirmed" choice, however if you choose "Unavailable for Audition," or "Change Time," you cannot undo this.
6) After you've submitted your confirmation, the "Finished," button will be grayed out and an icon, like the green check-mark, will display next to the actor to indicate your response.