By creating an Open Call before you submit a Breakdown, you will be able to immediately receive auditions from actors the minute the Breakdown is published.
Open Call links allow actors to click on a link to a role, and submit a video audition immediately without the need of a formal invitation from the Casting Director. These links are created by the Casting Director before a Breakdown is published - so that actors will be able to submit right away.
Creating the Open Call
1) To begin creating an open call, sign in to your Breakdown Express account. If you do not have a Breakdown Express account and are interested in having actors submit self-tapes directly to you without an invitation, please contact us for assistance at email@example.com.
2) After you've signed in, you can go to "Eco Casts" at the top of the page and click "Start New."
3) Create an Eco Cast “Title” that is easily identifiable to you. The “Description” field is optional and is for internal use between you and your team. However this time, do not select a Breakdown. Click on the “Open Call” button and then the “Continue to Details” button.
4) Once you've created the Open Call, you can visit your "Open Call Invitations" tab to start managing your Open Call Eco Cast.
5) To begin creating the open call link(s), click "Create New."
6) Fill out the invitation completely, then click "Continue."
7) If you have sides or other media, you can include them here. If not, click "Return to Invitation."
8) Now you have officially made the invitation for one role and you can manage your invitation(s). If you need to add additional links/roles you can always click on "Create New" to continue to make more, and repeat steps 5 through 7.
9a) Now, please copy and paste your links into the role descriptions on the external Breakdown form. An easy way to copy the link, is by clicking on "Copy URL." Please refer to this article on how to get to the Breakdown form: How To Post A Breakdown
9b) Our Breakdown Processing Team will review your submission and reach out if there are any further questions. And then you're done! Once your Breakdown is posted, Actors will be able to click on the links to submit to your open call.
How to Update an Existing Open Call Invitation
1) After you have created the Open Call Eco Cast, click on the "Open Call Invitations" tab and under "Attachments" click on "Add Attachments" to upload sides.
2) Here, you can see your role description, the Open Call expiration date, all of your instructions, as well as the invitation URL. You will also be able to see any attachments that you have sent out. You can always click on "Add Attachments" here, to update the files you have sent out, or to attach your sides. You can also click "Edit Invitation" to edit the role description, instructions and deadline.
- How to Create an Eco Cast
- How to View Eco Cast Self-Tapes
- How to Share Auditions with Clients
- System Requirements and Downloading Eco Cast Desktop
- How to Use Eco Cast iPad